Nuclear Energy Education Network
Home > Activities > Education Cooperation > Nuclear Energy Education Network
Nuclear Energy Education Cooperation CommitteeThe Nuclear Energy Education Cooperation Committee is a network consultative body on the development of manpower and training of professionals in nuclear energy; it was established in June 2011 under the goal of promoting cooperation in the form of information exchange among Korean nuclear energy education/training institutions, development of connected programs and formulation of policy recommendations.
The Nuclear Energy Education Cooperation Committee promotes information exchange and consultation, utilizing its network to cooperate in nuclear energy education and respond to changes in nuclear policies. It works to build a foundation for support and cooperation by conducting research in the field of nuclear energy education and training, implementing connected projects, and providing support for mutual cooperation and international cooperation.
- Periodic and ad hoc committee sessions, meetings and working meetings
- Exchange of information on nuclear energy manpower development
- Development of and participation in nuclear energy education cooperation projects
- Discussing improvements in nuclear energy education/training programs
- Making policy suggestions for efficient nuclear energy manpower development systems
- Building active technology and knowledge networks among member organizations
- 27 industrial, academic and research organizations in the field of nuclear energy manpower development
Committee of Deans on Nuclear EnergyThe Committee of Deans on Nuclear Energy is a network of universities in the field of nuclear energy education established at the 1st Nuclear Energy Manpower Development Roundtable in 2013; there was a consensus on the need for information exchange and cooperation among key nuclear engineering departments at various universities. The Committee functions as a channel for communicating policy suggestions and sharing information among universities, in line with the national policy on nuclear energy manpower development, to create an effective environment for the education and training of professionals in the field of nuclear energy.
- Organizing joint workshops for industry-academy cooperation in manpower development
- Development of standard textbooks for introduction to nuclear engineering and core physics
- Enhanced cooperation among university nuclear engineering departments, e.g. in laboratory and practicum courses
- Discussion of methods to increase exchanges among students majoring in nuclear engineering
- Composed of the Deans of 16 nuclear energy-related departments at key universities