Home > Activities > International Cooperation > Multilateral Cooperation
KONICOF supports Korea’s leading role in the international nuclear energy community and raises the global presence of Korean technology by promoting Korean nuclear technology, implementing technology and personnel exchange and building networks through a wide range of multilateral cooperation channels such as the IAEA, OECD, NEA, IFNEC, FNCA, RCA, etc., as well as international financial and physical aid projects.
Cooperation with International Organizations
- Technology and information sharing through participation in the General Conference (once a year), Board of Governors (5 times a year) and technological cooperation with all IAEA member states seeking peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- Promoting Korea’s advanced nuclear technology through participation in IAEA technical exhibitions.
- Support for participation in the International Project on Innovative Nuclear Reactors and Fuel Cycles (INPRO), Standing Advisory Group in Technical Assistance and Coordination, IAEA CFE assignments and conferences, educating AEA Technical Cooperation trainees.
- Participation in decision making committees such as the Steering Committee (twice yearly) and standing technical committees (held year round).
- Support for participation in international joint research projects
International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP)
- Support for participation in the Main Commission (twice yearly), Standing Committees and employment in the ICRP.
Cooperation with Multilateral Consultative Bodies
- Cooperation with 22 nations in the Regional Cooperative Agreement for Research, Development and Training Related to Nuclear Science and Technology for Asia and the Pacific (RCA) through participation in the General Conference Meeting (GCM) and the National RCA Representative Meeting (NRM) as well as the operation of projects initiated by Korea.
- Joint research and technical exchange with 12 nations in the Forum for Nuclear Cooperation (FNCA) in a wide range of fields including agriculture, medicine, environmental technology, research reactors and nuclear security.